Kofta is a Turkish dish made with minced meat mixed with grains, vegetables, and masala. The beef kofta with pita bread is a delicious and filling dish that is perfect for lunch or dinner. It is easy to prepare and can be customized to suit individual tastes and preferences. The combination of tender beef and warm, soft pita bread makes for a satisfying and comforting meal that is sure to be enjoyed by all.
FOR 6 PERSON
Ingredients for salat
- Chopped cucumber 2½ dl.
- Chopped cherry tomatoes 2½ dl.
- Finely chopped red onion.
- Fine salt
Ingredients for Kofta
- Minced beef meat 675g (10% fat)
- Finely chopped flat-leaved parsley 1¼ dl.
- Finely chopped garlic 1 tbsp.
- Coriander powder 2 tsp.
- Cumin powder 1½ tsp.
- Fine salt 1½ tsp.
- Freshly crushed black pepper ½ tsp.
- Allspice (Allehånde) powder ½ tsp.
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp.
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
- Wheat pita bread 3 pcs.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Tahini-yogurt dressing.
- Mix cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion all together in a medium-sized bowl and season with salt. Keep those on one side.
- Hand mixes all ingredients for the kofta in a medium-sized bowl. Make six equal size patties, approx. 2 cm thick. Make a small (approx. 2½ cm diameter) dimple in the center of each patty with your thumb or the back of a spoon. This prevents the patty from rising in the middle when it comes to the grill. Place the patties on the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Make ready the grill to direct and indirect medium-high heat (200-250o)
- Sprinkle water slightly around the pita bread and wrap those with strong aluminum foil paper. Close the packages tightly.
- Clean the grill grates. Brush the patties with oil around both sides. Grill those over direct medium-high heat with the lid closed for 7-9 minutes until the patties get 68° inside. Turn those around to another side for once. Put the bread packages into indirect medium heat and grill those for 4-5 minutes. Turn packages around to another side once. Take patties and pita bread out from the grill.
- Cut the pita bread into two pieces, and put 3 tbsp. salat and pour with a little dressing on every half bread. Now insert a warm patty into the half-bread. Pour more dressing over the patty. Serve them warm.